Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new beginning.

Today is to be the start of a new all the time healthy lifestyle!  Eating right and exercising more.  I know that there will be times when I fall off the wagon and eat things I shouldn't, but I hope that they will be few and far between.  We are not meant to be perfect, but we should try to be. 

We spent January 1, 2011 quietly at  home.  Greg watched football mostly, while I was on the computer doing family history research.  I actually found a picture of his Mother's Grandfather!  Someone else was looking for the same family as me, and they had a picture of one of the patriarchs, very cool!

I will be spending lots of time doing research this month as I paid to join Ancestry.com  for one month.  There is much work to be done on multiple family lines and now is the time to do it.

Getting the Christmas decoration down and the house back in order will be some of the things I plan to do this coming week.  We also have to  make arrangements to spend time with my Brother and his wife to exchange gifts yet.  As well as with Jeremiah and  his family because we weren't able to be together because of colds and flu bugs.

Around the farm, things are just moving along.  I am still not sure about goat babies this coming spring.  There are only two does who might yet be settled.  Henrietta hasn't shown me any real strong heat signs yet.  She was due to cycle last Thursday.  I saw some tail flagging, but nothing else.  I hope that means she is bred.  Today is the day that Mildred would be cycling if she isn't settled.  Here's hoping that I see no heat signs from her.  That would at least mean that maybe I will have two does kid in May.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

The new chickens are really starting to lay now, so we are getting four to seven eggs a day!  Soon I will be able to put out my "Eggs For Sale" sign!

As I look out my window right now, it is snowing some.  The ground is dusted but there isn't much snow to speak of...it all melted away during the warm spell just before New Years Day!

I was thinking that maybe this year I would start cross country skiing again, but right now it doesn't look like it.  I would have to go way north to find enough snow to ski on.  Maybe later in the week we will get enough so I can go to Rose Lake like we used to back in the day.

Well, time to get my healthy breakfast and get the chores done.  Need to water the goats today besides the usual feeding and milking stuff.

Here wishing everyone a healthy, happy, safe, fun and prosperous 2011!

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment