Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I want to show off my helper that I had this past weekend...

As I said in my last post, my Granddaughter Daniella was here with us overnight.  She was a really big help when it came time for milking and other chores in the morning.  She even scrapped out the loafing shed while I was feeding the yearlings.

Her Daddy and Mommy came when we were just finishing up on Sunday, so Daddy filmed her while she finished milking out Ida.  She does a good job, it is always a surprise to her parents when they see her milking!

Thanks Daniella for all the help over the weekend.


On another subject, our neighbor Ashley came by last night with a favor to ask.  She asked if I could do an alteration on her...Wedding Dress!  She is getting married this coming July.  It had been discussed that I might make the bridesmaid's dresses, but they found a much cheaper and very nice ready made one, so there was no need for that.  The Wedding Dress only needs to be hemmed, so of course I said I could do the job.

Ashley was only 10 when they moved in across the road, the year after we moved  here.  She was just a bit older then Daniella is now.  There are six children and parents, Jim and Jennifer. They have been wonderful neighbors.  We share tools and equipment back and forth.  They store their hay in our barn.  Do chores for us and we in general watch out for each other.  Now Ashley is getting married!  Wow, time sure flies.

Right now the sun is coming over a cloud bank and it looks like it might be a pretty day with some sunshine.  Although, clear sky usually means cold temps!

Time to head down for breakfast and then chores.  Wednesday means Meals and Gathering day.  Time to roll...Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment