Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sparkling Diamonds and Pristine White Frosting...

 Looking out my window this morning, there is the most wonderful, although VERY COLD scene of sparkling diamonds sprinkled on top of pristine white frosting with the sun trying it's best to warm things up!  What a wonderful site, glad I'm inside though!

Breeding season has come to it's end.  Last evening we took the last of the does over to our friend's buck to be bred.  I had dreamed of only AI babies this year, but that was not to be, so Mother Nature is getting her way, at least on two of the does.  Any of the does who are not bred now are just going to get the next year off without any babies.  Guess that won't be all bad, might even be a good thing to let them rest a year.  But they had better be up and running in 2012 with all doeling!  At least I can hope!

I believe that my Christmas shopping is done.  I went out on Tuesday and finished up on Greg and the boys.  Now all that is left is sewing two shirts for my brother-in-law and making curtains for one of the granddaughters.  Today will begin a sewing marathon through Sunday.  Then next week will be baking, cooking, and cleaning for the festivities here on Christmas Eve.

Along with all the Christmas preparations there have been and are still coming some medical check ups.  On Tuesday I went in for my yearly hearing test and hearing aids check out.  All is well, one had to be sent in for a minor adjustment, so I have lopsided hearing right now.  Wednesday, Greg had a complete physical which he so far has come through with flying colors!  He is even only five pounds overweight, easy fix.  As long as as the blood work is good, he won't need to be seen again until next year!  I had blood taken then as well to check my cholesterol level. At my physical, six months ago, it was up some, so the doctor wanted to see what it was now.

Next Tuesday I go to the dentist for the usual every six months thing.  Then on December 30th, we both go for eye exams and new glasses.

We will be starting the new year all tested and tuned and ready to go!

Last Sunday I spent some time in the greenhouse doing some watering and organizing.  While in there I planted some Spinach, loose leaf lettuce mix and a Romaine lettuce in my planting box.  I am hoping for fresh salad material come February.  I got some last year, hope to get more this coming year.  Fresh is always best.

Time to get things rolling, breakfast, chores, and then let the marathon begin!

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment