Sunday, December 12, 2010

IT IS SNOWING!

Weather for today...SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW!

Here's hoping that everyone is safe and snug in there favorite place just hunkering down for the duration of the weather.

Spent the week getting things done.  Feel good about it all, but still have much more to do.  Lots of Christmas sewing and crafting to be done.

A friend came over on Thursday and we made soap.  She wanted to give some for gifts, so we spent the day making it and visiting.  I cut it on Friday and will deliver it to her at our next Gathering of Knitters on Wednesday.

Friday, Greg and I made our famous Chocolate Maple Log candies, they need to chill and then be coated with chocolate.

On the farm front, AI this year doesn't seem to be taking, DAMN! Was really excited about the bucks I purchased.  There are still a couple of does that may yet be bred by the AI, I will keep my fingers crossed.  I had to take an Alpine over to a friends place to be live cover bred by her registered buck.  I have one more that I plan to take to him, although the resulting kid would be half Toggenburg/half Alpine, but this goat needs to prove herself or be gone.

The new layers have started to lay so we are getting one nice brown egg every day or so, along with a token white from the old girls.

The horses have been getting pastured on the hayfield every day and they love it.  As long as I can I will do that, saving the baled hay for much later in the season.

The doelings are getting along fine.  Each has shown some heat cycle signs, but have no plans to breed them this year.  Hope to have my own buck next year to breed them to.

Time to roll, need breakfast and do my chores.  Critters need to be watered today.  Then inside to finish the Christmas Chocolates that Greg and I made on Friday.  If time allows, I  hope to get some crafting done as well today.

Onward and Upward!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog. I was wondering what kind of dairy goats you have and would like it if you would do a post with pictures of them. I am just looking to get some again after Many years without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sunny to my blog. I hope you enjoy it.

    We raise Toggenburg, Alpine and have one token Saanen. Hoping to up the Saanen numbers soon.

    There are several pictures of the goats on my website: https://sites.google.com/site/cracklingpine/. I have a few goats for sale also there.

    I will try to get some new pictures up on the blog sometime soon.

    I went to your blog and will now be following it as it seems we may have many of the same interests. You also have quite a list of other sites that I would like to check out when I have the time.

    I very much enjoyed your "blogger's poem". Very nice and true.

    Hope You and Yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.

    Looking forward to making some new friends this coming new year...

    ReplyDelete