Friday, December 17, 2010

Didn't do any sewing, but...

I spent the day getting my American Dairy Goat Association dues paid, along with four of the grandchildren signed up.  Then did some online registrations of the goats.  It took longer then I expected because ADGA has made some changes on their site, so it took a bit of relearning.  Then I thought I had already entered the Service Memos, but hadn't.  So I had to do that first.  Still more to do, but need to wait until the grand's records come online.  Then can finish that up.

Greg was a great help, he baked two different types of cookies for me.  Molasses and Oatmeal Toffee cookies are all made up and in the freezer.  This is to keep us from eating them before our Christmas festivities.

All in all it was a productive day.  Hope today is more of the same, this time sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rainelle, what breed of goats do you have? I see in an earlier post you said some may not be bred and you would just let them have a "vacation". The only problem we have encountered from that in the past is watching that they don't get too fat and not being able to breed the next year. Hope you are enjoying your goats. We are looking to get a couple early this spring after not having any for a few years. Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Toggenburgs, Alpines, and one Saanen. Hope to see more Saanens in the next year or so.

    Thanks for the pointer. I figure the ones who aren't "working", either making babies or milk, will be on pasture only, no grain. That way the weight should stay good.

    I love the goats, I have tried my hand at making cheese, some were good others..., soap, yogurt, and butter. We tried to feed ourselves as best we can.

    ReplyDelete