Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wednesday was Knitting group day, with a twist...

I hosted my Knitting group this week, I added a twist...we made noodles.  Ruth Ann had mentioned, not long ago, that she had never made noodles.  So I decided that we should make noodles, that way Ruth Ann could see it done, and also have some fun doing it.

We had a good time and some good food as well.  The first batch of noodles were Whole Wheat and Judy made them into Alio y Olio, which is an Italian everyday dish of garlic, olive oil, cheese, olives, and whatever else sounds good.  It was wonderful.

Mine didn't come out this pretty, but it tasted good!
For dessert we had a tasty Cherry Philo Strudel again made by Judy and Pumpkin Cre`me Carmel that I made:   http://www.usaweekend.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011111110008 

I think we had a good time.
Raija and I manning the pasta press.

Glenda, standing on a chair decorating the noodle tower!

Mary  Ellen volunteered for clean up...Glad you like doing dishes!
Everyone who wanted to try got a chance to make some noodles and everyone who wanted was able to take some home.  Greg and I had noodles with spaghetti sauce for supper, wonder what everyone else had?

After Ruth Ann made her noodles, she became the photographer...good job there Ruth Ann!

Onward and Upwards...

1 comment:

  1. Thats really cool. Glad you could have a different kind of day and "teach" a bit.

    ReplyDelete