Saturday, October 27, 2012

I'm excited about...

Last weekend the weather was nice and I felt like doing something horsey, so I went out and put a surcingle on Isis and a sidepull bridle and we tried driving!  She is not a happy horse with a saddle and a person on her back, but she seems to like to be doing something, just not with someone on her back.  Pony rides are okay, but not real riding.

Anyway, all hooked up, a slight correction and off we went!  She does drive!  Now whether she was ground driven when trained or she was trained to drive I don't know, but she walked off and around the pen four times with out much trouble.  It was great!

Then on Thursday, Jenn came over and we tacked her up again.  Same thing she walked off just like she knew what she was doing.  Both Jenn and I drove her.  Each time whoever was not driving would walk along side the driver and we talked and stumbled and made noise and Isis never showed any signs of not doing what she was suppose to.

I plan to work her again tomorrow, Sunday and see if she is still going well.  If so, then I plan to hook her up to something to drag around, maybe a tire.  She'll need to have a full harness on for that, and a whipple tree.  Greg will have to make me the whipple tree, but that is an easy do.

I have a nice little two wheeled cart in the barn, that is just waiting for a sweet pony to pull it.  Here's hoping that happens, maybe even before the new year!  I will work Isis in steps to be sure that we are both comfortable with what is going on.

For now here are a couple of pictures of Jenn and I driving Isis last Tuesday.

Pretty Driving Pony!
 
 
Here's a video as well:   



No comments:

Post a Comment