Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 10-16, 2011

Sunday-Up and around 6 AM.  Dick and I took a short walk with Anya.  Then had breakfast and they headed home.

Not much get up and go, so just did chores and spent time on the porch.  Watched some TV and then in the afternoon we did some work in the backroom.  Dinner then more porch time until bed.

Monday-Up and out by 6:30 AM with a two mile walk with Anya.  Picked peas, weeded two rows, put the bucklings outside for the first time, pruned some Wine Cup plants that were taking over their corner of the garden, and had breakfast of cinnamon rolls and bacon.  Thunder storms rolling through, finally got some rain!

No spinning today. Did some phone calls for appointments, chickens go in two weeks and I have my yearly check up on the books.

Did a little work in backroom.  Greg did a lot of work in the backroom. 

In bed by 10:30!

Tuesday-Anya and I got two miles in, then breakfast, chores and sewing.  Wedding dress alterations are DONE.  Only the flower girls dresses left.

Greg worked on east side of backroom.  Everything coming along fine, almost got it done.

Dinner, chores and watched TV then bed.

Wednesday-Woke at 6 AM even though I didn't get to sleep until after one, had chocolate during the day...bad caffeine!  Instead of walking I did the dishes.  Need the scullery ready for baking tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary to Us.  Today is our 26th Wedding anniversary.  We are doing nothing special, maybe will come up with something later.

Greg brought home KFC so I don't have to cook at all today.  He ran my Meals route, so I could work on the dresses.  Got one dress almost done.  Pattern had some issues, I believe there were some misprints, but once I figured them out I was okay.

Dinner of leftover KFC, chores and TV.

Thursday-Up at 5:30 AM finished the Flower Girl dresses, done and done!

Daniella arrived this morning for a couple of days.  She needs to begin to get things ready for Fair.  Practice with Skippy, get things together, and just have some farm time.

We managed to make some Cottage Cheese from the morning milk as well as we started the bread for market.  Greg worked in the backroom, Daniella weeded her garden and got her beans planted, then we watered the vegetable garden and spent the rest of the night on the porch.

Friday-Up and on the road by 6:15 AM for another two miles with Anya.  When I first opened the back door there was a beautiful double rainbow over the barn.  Not raining here, but I could see that it was raining higher up to make the rainbow.

Breakfast, chores, and bread making.  Daniella also made two loaves of regular white bread, one for her Daddy. She and I walked the bucklings in their pens, need to do this so that when they are big, we can walk them when we need to.

At 5 PM we walked Skippy down to the neighbor's house for a 4H Goat Practice, we were home by 6:15 PM.  Chris came to pick up Daniella after that.  Greg and I had a quick dinner, then chores, and more porch time.  Bread was rising and baking between everything all day.

Saturday-I woke at 5:45 AM, so I took a quick bath and got packed for market.  13 vendors and plenty of lookers, but not much sold.  Home, lunch, and chores.  Share customer came for a pick up.  Then Ashley and Katherine came for a final fitting.  Jennifer (Mom) came to have a trial run on dressing the bride and it was decided how to bustle the dress for the reception.  I have two little jacket to make for the flower girls now.  Jennifer and I  had a nice visit after the girls left.  Pizza and porch sitting was the remainder of the evening. 

Another week in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment