Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 22-28, on my new schedule.

Feeling good, after already getting something done...I cut herbs from the garden and got them out on drying trays in the greenhouse this morning.  Now I have time for my weekly blog.

Last Sunday was a busy one, lots of visitors.  Don and Betty came by to see the twins.  When they have things ready, the twins will be going home with them, Betty is excited to have some cute critters to love and play with.

Chita was here early to make curtains for their travel trailer.  They are RVing at Holiday Shores in Durand with Gary's side and friends.

We picked a big bunch of asparagus which was later froze and we also got the brooder ready for our first batch of broilers coming on Monday.

Monday we did garden work and managed to get all the vegetables in.  My Spinning ladies came plus one and we had a good time.  I took them out to bottle feed the twins and they loved it.  They said it was like going on a field trip to the farm!  While the ladies were here, Greg did some repair work on  Cubby.


Vegetable garden with plenty of "sticks" growing.

Tuesday the broilers arrived.  We picked more asparagus.  Mowed the lawn.  Weeded the Iris garden.  Put up a flag pole, that was our Christmas gift from Miles and Melissa a couple years ago.  Greg got the tiller and push mower running.


Broiler chicks in the brooder.

Wednesday was the usual, Meals on Wheels and knitting group.  In the evening I worked on Jeremiah's embroidery design.

Thursday I met with Maple Smith.  She and I are going to do a seminar about spinning at the American Dairy Goat Convention this coming October.  We have never met until now.  A mutual friend introduced us.  We spent the day getting to know each other and dyeing some of my wool.  We had a good time and I enjoyed learning her technique.


The dyed rovings from my day with Maple.

Friday I began the process of clipping all the goats.  I got the two milkers clipped and their feet trimmed.  Greg and I went shopping for our next home improvement project...ceiling and walls for the laundry room.  We got what we were looking for at Lowes.  I also did some washing of wool.  Maple gave me a great wool washing bag and it works!  I was able to wash one complete fleece and I didn't felt any of it!  Thank you, Maple!

Saturday I got two more goats clipped and trimmed.  Greg helped this time and was over much quicker.  After having lunch, we went Rummage Saling.  I have some equipment I would like to get to do the dyeing, like Maple, so thought maybe I could find it at some sales.  Found some stuff, but only two things on my shopping list.  We picked up pizza on the way home and then after chores we sat around the campfire and I dozed.  Good evening.  We were celebrating 11 years living here!

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, we have  no special plans, other then a good cookout of steak and asparagus.

Plenty going on this coming week, so should have lots to blog about.


Flower garden May 29, 2011.


Chore time...Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment