Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hope to again do some blogging...

Got some badly needed rain last night, 3/4".  Our blond yard should green up again now.

Greg mowed hay yesterday, so it got rained on last night.  Now we hope for no more rain until we get it baled up and in the barn.

Garden got planted on July 1!  That was REALLY late, but most everything is fall crop, or can be planted more then once in the year.  We will wait and see what happens.  Could start a new garden trend.

Tuesday was Linear Appraisal day here on the farm.  LA is a program through ADGA where a trained appraiser comes and gives your goats an appraisal score.  It is a great  way to see how your breeding program is going, and where you need to make improvements.  Great learning tool.

There were 25 goats total here, including mine.  Two other goat families besides me.  Our appraiser was Eric Jermain and he did a great job of educating us.  It was a good time.  We ended the session with a potluck dinner before everyone left.

Because of  LA, I now have a direction to go with my herd.  That being said, I will also  have some goats for sale as soon as I can get a list together.  These are nice productive goats, but are not ones that fit my new goals. 

Being yesterday was the 4th of July, we spent the late evening on the porch watching fireworks all around.  Including our neighbors across the street.  It was nice not to have to fight crowds, but still see the shows.  I have some fireworks of my own, but will wait until I know the grass won't go up in smoke!

Time for chores, that is a new plan as well, do them more regular times and earlier in the morning.  8 and 8 seems like a good bet, we'll see how it goes.

Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment