Sunday, January 15, 2012

A catch up and something new...

First the catch up.  Here is the picture I promised of the progress of the Beer.  Yes, the stuff floating in it is suppose to be there, when bottling time comes it will be filtered out. 
This is the beginning of the carbonation and fermentation process.  What is floating is pieces of Hops as well as some Barley and Wheat that all go into making beer have it's flavor.  White foam on top is the Head, but it is no where near ready to consume. 

Right now it is still sitting on the table, only now there is only a "bubbler" on the top, as fermentation has slowed some.  In a few more days, Greg will bottle it and then it will set in the bottle for a time before we chill it and have a taste.  I'll let you know when that happens.

Now for something new, well kind of new...I went cross country skiing today around our place.  For the last 10 days we have been taking the dogs out everyday and letting them run the fields while we walked.  Great exercise for all of us.  Anyway, today I decided it was time to bring out the skis, in place of just walking.

Haven't had the skis on for a very long time, but we used to go quite often around 15 years ago!  I had a good time and didn't fall even once...amazing!  Now I plan to ski instead of walk everyday.  And if I ever get to feeling like I know what I am doing again, I may try something really new...Skijoring!

Skijoring is where you use an animal to pull you along, kind of like water skiing only  on snow and no motor.  Horses are used as well as dogs, right now my choice would be to use Anya to pull me along, we'll see what happens down the line.

Greg took some pictures of me skiing so here they are:


Just starting out.


Ready to ski down...



Action shot number 1, I was going down hill, but not really very fast!



Action shot number 2.


What a pretty day it was.


Like Greg likes to say "That's my House", from our back line.

Here is someone with a REALY big dog Skijoring!
Pleasant day so far, plus I've lost five pounds since the first of the year!  Only about 10-15 more and I will be at my healthy weight.  Yippy!

Time to think about getting dinner...what shall we have....?

No comments:

Post a Comment