Sunday, April 3, 2011

A blog for a drab, wet, and cold day in April.

Not a very nice day out.  Good day to stay inside.  So, I just put together some sourdough bread.  It is in the oven with the light on to get it warm and rise.  Figure there will be 5 or 6 loaves when all is said and done.  It is Whole Wheat, first time to try this as a sourdough.  Hope it comes out.

I took pictures in the greenhouse to show what has been going on there.  I have 10 full flats of starts which include one full flat of different tomatoes, full flat each of Marigolds and Zinnias, then the rest are full flats of assorted flowers and veggies like Broccolli, Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts, Onions, Peppers, Khol Rabe, Moss Rose, Pansy, Cypress Vine, and Texas Bluebells.



I am also doing a Hydroponic experiment.  I have a put together a water culture system.  It is really very simple to put together and didn't cost much as I had some of the pieces already.  I am hoping to grow my own lettuce and spinach in it over the winter months.  Just trying it out now, maybe I can have a fresh salad, before the lettuce in the garden.

Here is what my unit looks like.  There are four different types of lettuce, three pots each.  Germination times are about the same, buy harvest times are different.


Since everything was just planted, it isn't very impressive yet.  Give it a week and hopefully things will be growing and will look good and green!

On a completely different note, how about some pictures of our new puppy...

This is her and her littermates.  She is the light  colored one.  Picture taken by the breeder.

                                                           Anya, first day at her new home.

                                                    Her and Isabeau after a play session.

                                               One ear is up and the other one is on it's way!

                                                                       April 3, 2011

Hoping for some warm weather.  I am ready for outside work and play!  Enjoy your day.

Onward and Upward.

1 comment:

  1. Rainelle, looking at your blog reminds me of my hearts desires and what I NEED to be doing... maybe I have been spending too much time painting :-/
    Thanks for your post. Your photos are beautifuland those puppies are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete