Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Been a quiet time around here, but things are....

Yes, things are beginning to pick up.  Over the past weekend I managed to dust, sweep, and straighten all but three rooms of this houses 16 rooms!  Craft room is just a work in progress always.  Mudroom just clutter all the time.  Laundry room, might yet get a quick sweep, but we were doing laundry while the cleaning was going on.

Monday I played chauffeur for my Daughter, she had a dental appointment, and was put under for the treatment so she needed a driver.  Up and out early for that.  Then in the afternoon I held my first Spinning Class.  I had one student, one of my friends from Laingsburg, who is also one of the ladies I visit with on Wednesdays.  We had a good time learning about spinning and giving it a try.  She was getting the idea at times.  Just have to have that "I got it now moment" and she will be off and running. 

There will be more in the class, but I wasn't able to get in touch with the other members through email, so I will have to use the phone and let them know about next Monday.

The big news today is the impending snow dump that is barrelling this way.  Snow for us could be as much as 20 inches, then of course blowing and drifting.  We are set here, plenty of oil and gas in the heaters.  We plan to fill some jugs with water, just in case we loose power.  No plans for travel other then the usual Meals deliveries and hanging out with the girls.  If too much snow, the Meals people will have to eat from their freezers.  And no one will go to hang out.

I am wishing for BIG SNOW.  It has been along time since there was some real snow, so I think it would be kind of cool.

33 years ago at the end of January there was a big storm, and I was pregnant and due.  In fact, I delivered my second son, Jeremiah, the day we were able to get down the roads.  We had been snowed in for three days!  Had it been one day longer I would have given birth at home!

On the schedule for today is trims for the horses.  That will be before the snow arrives.  Then just waiting to see what happens.

Thursday, if there are no school closings for Corunna, I will be going to judge Junior High Conduct of Meetings at FFA District Contests.  I have had plenty of experience coaching and judging this contest as for almost 10 years I worked for Laingsburg School District as the Junior High FFA advisor.  I even had one State winning contest team.

Friday is the only day this week, that doesn't have anything going.  Be a good day to relax maybe.

Saturday Greg and I are going to a CF Benefit Dinner in Owosso.

The first week of the month always seems to be busy, everything seems to schedule their "meetings" that week.

May have plenty to blog about if this weather does what is being predicted!

Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment